What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.(See Overdraft Privilege disclosure for details.)
- We also offer overdraft protection from a line of credit (subject to credit approval), which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Coastal Commerce Bank pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $33 each time we pay an overdraft.
- The Bank has established a limit of 6 overdraft fees charged per day on your account.
What if I want Coastal Commerce Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, fill out the Opt-in Online Form below and click submit, call 985.580.2265 or 1.877.580.2265, print and mail this form to 1300 W Tunnel Blvd, Houma, LA 70360, or visit any of our branch locations.
Opt In Online Form
Alternative Ways to Opt In
Our Service Representatives are standing by if you prefer to Opt In by phone.
Call: 985.580.2265 or 1.877.580.2265
If you prefer to Opt In by mail, please print this form and send it to:
Coastal Commerce Bank
Attn: Customer Service
1300 W Tunnel Blvd
Houma, LA 70360
Sometimes it's easier to talk about things in person. Please visit any of our locations and ask a personal banker to help you decide which plan is best for you.